This year's 2012 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards ceremony will feature 29 different award categories plus 3 new catogories which has been added.
The new catogories are 'Gospel Album of the Year', 'Group of the Year' and 'Sound Engineer Of the Year'.
At a press conference held yesterday, Theresa Ayoade, Events Director of Charter House said that; “We are looking forward to a fantastic show this year. It's 13 years now. We want this year to match up to international standard.”
“Over the years, people have been complaining we give awards. I want to make it clear that we don’t give awards, no individual gives awards from the committee. We go through a process”, she ended.
The press meeting was to inform the media about the outcome of how far they come with this year's edition and the restructed committees.
As you can see below are the categories.
1. Artiste(s) of the Year
2. Hiplife/Hip Hop Artiste(s) of the Year
3. Highlife Artiste(s) of the Year
4. Gospel Artiste(s) of the Year
5. New Artiste of the Year
6. Best Collaboration of the year
7. African Artiste(s) of the Year
8. Hiplife Song of the Year
9. Highlife song of the Year
10. Most Popular Song of the Year
11. Afro-Pop Song of the Year
12. Hip Hop Song of the Year
13. Gospel Song of the year
14. Reggae Song of the Year
15. Best Group of the Year
16. Album of the Year
17. Best Male Vocal Artiste of the Year
18. Best Female Vocal Artist of the Year
19. Music Video of the Year
20. Best Rapper of the Year
21. Songwriter of the Year
22. Music Producer of the Year
23. Sound Engineer of the Year
24. Traditional Artiste(s) of the Year
25. Record of the Year
26. Instrumentalist of the Year
27. Gospel Album of the Year
28. Music for Development
29. Lifetime Achievement Award
|< Prev||Next >|